How to change the Hikvision password: This question becomes important when we have to change the default password of our Hikvision device and keep a new password, or someone has come to know the password of our Hikvision device, and now we have to change it.
Whatever the reason, the password must be changed. But how? On this topic, we are writing this step-by-step guide blog post on how to change the Hikvision password (DVR/NVR).
How to Change the Hikvision Password
We are going to tell you three very easy methods, with the help of which you can change the password of your Hikvision DVR or NVR very quickly.
Method 1: Change the Hikvision Password on Web
- Step 1: Open the Internet Explorer on you PC/Laptop and Input the IP address of DVR/NVR and Camera in IE browser to login it.
- Step 2: Go to Configuration tab> Click on Systems> User Management, choose the user name admin, then click on the Modify button.
- Step 3: Delete the old password then input the new password of the device in the red box, input it again to confirm it.
- Step 4: Then click OK. The password is changed successfully now.
Method 2: Change the Password of the Device via iVMS-4200 Software
First, iVMS 4200 should be installed on your PC, and your HIKVISION device (DVR/NVR or Camera) should also be connected.
- Step 1: Open the iVMS-4200 Hikvision Client Software on your PC/Laptop.
- Step 2: Go to Control panel> Device management>Encoding Device, find and select the device from the online device list. Then add the device to the client via input nickname, username and password.
- Step 3: After adding the device, please click on remote configuration.
- Step 4: Click Modify to change the password of admin.
- Step 5: Delete the old password then input the new password of the device and type it again to confirm it. Click save, the password is changed successfully.
Method 3: Change the Password of the Device via NVR/DVR Local Menu
First of all, connect your Hikvision DVR or NVR to the display monitor. After connecting the display, log in with your current password. If you have forgotten the password, you can reset the password by reading our blog post – How to reset Hikvision password.
- Step 1: Find the System option and click on it.
- Step 2: Now Click on the User.
- Step 3: Select the user and click on Modify
- Step 4: Enter the current password to Confirm Permission for accessing Modify window.
- Step 5: Now again you have to click on Modify to change Hikvision password
Step 6: Enter the new password and type it again to confirm it. And then Click on OK button, Now the Hikvision password has been is changed successfully.
Note: Choosing a Strong Password for you CCTV Hikvision Device
Selecting a robust password is crucial for your Hikvision device. Opt for a mix of uppercase, lowercase, numbers, and special characters. Avoid easily guessable information and ensure a minimum length of eight characters. Regularly update your password to enhance security and protect against unauthorized access.
You can also use our Password Generator tool to generate the password of your device, with the help of this you can generate a strong password for your device.
In this comprehensive blog post, We discover three straightforward methods to change the password on your Hikvision DVR/NVR, ensuring the security of your surveillance system. The step-by-step guide covers the process using the web interface, iVMS-4200 software, and the local menu on your DVR/NVR. Emphasizing the importance of security, the post includes a note guiding users to choose strong passwords—crucial for protecting against unauthorized access. The instructions are user-friendly, making it easy for both beginners and experienced users to follow.