Download CCTV footage from Hikvision DVR to a PenDrive is very easy, we can complete it in a few steps. You just have to follow the steps mentioned below, and the CCTV footage of the hikvision dvr will be in your pen drive. before that, we should know Why there is a need to export cctv footage to a pen drive.
Exporting CCTV footage to a pen drive can be useful for several reasons:
- Backup: CCTV Camera footage is often recorded and stored on a DVR (Digital Video Recorder) or NVR (Network Video Recorder). Exporting the footage to a pen drive provides an additional backup, ensuring that the footage is preserved in case of system failure or damage to the DVR/NVR.
- Evidence preservation: CCTV footage can serve as crucial evidence in various situations, such as criminal investigations, accidents, or disputes. By exporting the footage to a pen drive, it can be securely stored and easily handed over to law enforcement agencies, insurance companies, or other relevant parties.
- Sharing and distribution: In some cases, it may be necessary to share CCTV footage with other parties who do not have direct access to the surveillance system. By exporting the footage to a pen drive, it can be conveniently shared and distributed to authorized individuals or organizations.
- Offline viewing: CCTV footage exported to a pen drive can be viewed on computers or other devices without requiring a direct connection to the surveillance system. This allows for offline reviewing, analysis, and archiving of the footage.
- Storage limitations: DVRs and NVRs have limited storage capacity, and the continuous recording of footage can fill up the available storage space. By exporting the footage to a pen drive, it frees up storage on the surveillance system, ensuring continuous recording without interruption.
Download CCTV Footage from Hikvision DVR to Pendrive
Step 1: Log in to the DVR
Enter your login credentials, including the username and password, to access the DVR’s interface. If you haven’t changed the default login credentials, you can find them in the DVR’s manual or contact the system administrator.
Step 2: Connect the Pen Drive
Insert the pen drive into one of the available USB ports on the Hikvision DVR. Ensure that a pen drive is formatted correctly and has enough storage space to accommodate the footage you want to download.
Step 3: Find the File Management Menu
Once logged in, navigate to the “File Management” that will be shown in Uper-Bar in the 3rd number and click on it.
Step 4: Select the Camera Channel
If your DVR has multiple cctv camera channels, select the specific camera channel or channels from which you want to download the footage. Click on the “Search” button, Now CCTV footage list will open.
Step 5: Choose the Date and Time
In the File Management Window, select the date and time for which you want to download the CCTV footage. You can usually choose a specific date and then use the timeline or input boxes to select the desired time range.
Step 6: Select the cctv footage
Select all CCTV footage by clicking on “Select All” and then click on the “Export” button.
A popup will open where you can select “Video and Log” or “Player” and then click on the “OK” button.
Step 7: Specify the Download Destination and File Format
A new Popup will open here you have to select the CCTV Footage file Destination (Pen Drive) and select the CCTV Footage File format in which you want to download and then click on the “OK” button. The cctv footage will start downloading as soon as you click on the OK button.
Step 8: Check the Download Status
To check the Downloading Status, click on the Backup icon as shown in the image below.
When the download is complete, safely remove the pen drive from the USB port of the DVR. The CCTV footage you wanted to take from Hikvision’s DVR to Pendrive is now in your pen drive.
- How to Download CP Plus Camera Recordings
- How to Download CCTV Footage by WEB Browser on Dahua DVR
- How to download CCTV footage of Dahua DVR from Smartpass
- How to Download CCTV Footage from QTVue NVR via Web Browser