CCTV Security Camera Info offers security camera systems with standard features like video-based motion detection and email alert notifications. Setting up motion detection for video recording is easy, but configuring email alerts and integrating email accounts may be challenging for new users.
In this guide, we’ll show you how to set up email notifications on your Surveillance DVR using the web service menu. The menu may vary depending on your recorder’s year and model, but this guide should still be easy to follow.
Why Email-based motion alerts are useful
You may wonder why you should set up email alerts when our systems also offer push notifications for motion events. Email-based motion alerts have several advantages:
- Easy Access: You can view email-based motion alerts from any device with an internet connection, such as smartphones, tablets, and computers. This allows you to quickly review the event’s screenshot and take necessary action, even if you’re away from home or not near your phone.
- Customizable: Our systems feature DVR or NVR recorders that allow you to customize settings like motion sensitivity. You can also use AI-based smart motion detection to fine-tune event detection based on your preferences and environment. This customization helps tailor the alerts to your specific needs and reduces the risk of false alarms.
- Record-keeping: Email-based motion alerts provide a record of all activity on your property. This record can be valuable in security incidents or legal matters, where the recorder may be stolen or damaged. The snapshots from the alerts can be used as evidence for insurance claims or legal/criminal cases. Push notifications, on the other hand, aren’t stored on your phone and require the recorder to be accessible online.
How to setup email alerts on your CCTV Camera system, follow these steps:
Step 1: Click “Setup” and log in to your DVR or NVR using Internet Explorer to access the Web Service of the device.
Step 2: Go to “Email Settings” by navigating to NETWORK -> EMAIL.
Step 3: Enter your email account information in the provided fields. Make sure to check the “Enable” box. Here are the required settings:
- SMTP Server: smtp.office365.com: this is the outbound email server as noted by Office.com
- Port: 587: be sure to use this port for encrypting outbound email
- User Name: [your Office365 email address]
- Password: [your Office365 email account’s password]
- Sender: [your Office365 email address]
- Encrypt Type: TLS
- Subject: NVR ALERT or any other subject line you prefer
- Attachment: Check this box if you want to send a picture snapshot with the alert
- Receiver: Enter the email address where you want to receive the alerts (can be the same as the sender)
- Interval: 120 seconds (default time to wait between alerts)
- Health Enable: Check this box if you want health alerts sent to you at specific time intervals about the recorder’s operation
After entering the settings, click “SAVE” and then click “Test” to check if the settings are working. You should see a “Test Succeeded” message if everything is set up correctly.
Step 4: Enable email notifications in the Video Detect settings by going to EVENT -> VIDEO DETECT. Ensure the following checkboxes are checked:
- Enable: to enable motion detection in the video for the chosen Channel or Camera number
- Record Channel: to record video on motion for this Channel
- Snapshot: to record and email a snapshot on motion detection for this Channel
- Send Email: to enable email notification on motion for this Channel
Remember to enable these settings for each channel you want to enable motion detection and email notifications for.
Step 5: Enable Motion Detection Recording for Snapshots.
Navigate to STORAGE -> SCHEDULE, select the “Snapshot” tab, click “Setup,” and follow these steps:
- Uncheck “Regular” to disable continuous snapshot recording.
- Check “Motion” to enable motion-activated snapshot recording.
- Check “All” to enable this method for all days of the week.
Save your settings to ensure they are applied. Repeat Steps 4-5 for each Channel you want to receive email notifications for.
That’s it! You’ve successfully set up email alerts on your security system recorder. You will now receive email notifications with snapshots when motion is detected. If you have any questions or need assistance in configuring these settings on your DVR or NVR, feel free to contact us using our contact form.
It’s important to note that the process for configuring email notifications on motion is the same when using our PoE security cameras. If you have any questions about configuring these settings on your DVR or NVR, don’t hesitate to reach out to us through our contact us form.
Read Als:- Download CCTV Recording from QTVue NVR